We are settled in
Well, our possessions survived the trek from Houston to OKC. The moving truck was here at 10AM on Friday morning. It took some time for the driver to figure out the best approach to bring the truck into our new community.
I must admit the guy was a great driver. He ended up deciding to back the truck in and had to navigate around a parking lot while doing it. He treaded that sucker in their nicely.
The next thing that needed to be tackled is the two small flights of stairs leading to our front door. One of the men on the crew had the ingenious idea of using ramps to go from the truck to the door, thereby bypassing the stairs. It was easily setup and worked beautifully.
It took the movers only 4 hours to unload the truck. This included getting the appliances into their new homes and setup. They also masterfully squeezed our very heavy and long couch into our living room. It wasn't a straight shot, but they made it look simple.
I must say that I highly recommend our moving company. We used Daryl Flood who is an affiliate of Allied. Despite the fact that to me the trip from Houston to OKC is a long haul, to the moving industry it's no different than a trip down the street. Therefore, the nationwide movers won't touch the job. They lateral it over to their local affiliates. That is how we ended up with Daryl Flood. From talking to our driver it sounds like Daryl Flood operates in more places than just Houston so I believe I'll be using them again




No comments:
Post a Comment