Ramblings from the Road
Well, I'm still traveling for the job. I'm still doing laps back and forth to Houston. I moved away from the city but it's tractor beam is locked onto my ship and won't let me escape it's pull.
I was sitting in the airport at OKC and doing my usual thing while waiting for boarding to begin: Listening to my podcasts and people watching.
I must say that my observations are giving some credence to my theory that air travel and being a female business traveler don't mix. Or at least, they don't mix painlessly.
I don't know how many females I saw doing the 100 meter dash down the concourse trying to get to their gate before they stopped taking passengers. Now, the male business travel has an advantage.
The advantage is what is often the advantage to when it comes to running.....footwear. The man has his shoes. Even though there are many colors, shapes and sizes a man's dress shoe can come in they all have one thing in common. That is they have a very low heel and flex very nicely.
This cannot be said for many of the choices of footwear the typical female executive has chosen to accentuate their business ensemble with. I must preface this commentary by saying that I'm referring to those females who still try to stay trendy and hip in their style of dress. You will find the female executive that must be a "road warrior". I say this because they are wearing sensible shoes. But this is a hard assessment to make. I don't know how many female flight attendants I have seen that are wearing 6 inch stilleto heels.
I have heard women say that they must suffer for their shoes, but the suffering that would ensue from a serious sprain or, even worse, a broken ankle doesn't seem worth it to me
I was sitting in the airport at OKC and doing my usual thing while waiting for boarding to begin: Listening to my podcasts and people watching.
I must say that my observations are giving some credence to my theory that air travel and being a female business traveler don't mix. Or at least, they don't mix painlessly.
I don't know how many females I saw doing the 100 meter dash down the concourse trying to get to their gate before they stopped taking passengers. Now, the male business travel has an advantage.
The advantage is what is often the advantage to when it comes to running.....footwear. The man has his shoes. Even though there are many colors, shapes and sizes a man's dress shoe can come in they all have one thing in common. That is they have a very low heel and flex very nicely.
This cannot be said for many of the choices of footwear the typical female executive has chosen to accentuate their business ensemble with. I must preface this commentary by saying that I'm referring to those females who still try to stay trendy and hip in their style of dress. You will find the female executive that must be a "road warrior". I say this because they are wearing sensible shoes. But this is a hard assessment to make. I don't know how many female flight attendants I have seen that are wearing 6 inch stilleto heels.
I have heard women say that they must suffer for their shoes, but the suffering that would ensue from a serious sprain or, even worse, a broken ankle doesn't seem worth it to me




No comments:
Post a Comment