Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Traffic.....

Well, every Monday and Tuesday Nancy and I commute into Downtown Houston together. I have a parking spot in the building I work at and it makes it convenient for the both of us.

To back up a bit, I acquired a parking place in the private garage at my place of employment after my wife's car got the front-end smashed in as a result of another car getting stolen. Apparently, they backed into our car during their hasty getaway. This was the 3rd (or 4th) major accident for the poor 4Runner but it keeps on ticking.

Well, back to the story....

Nancy and I get up around 5AM and hit the road by 6AM and we live 45 minutes from Downtown. We hit traffic like you wouldn't believe. At 6AM it could take you over an hour to get to Downtown. Fortunately, we are eligible to take the HOV lane. What really chaps my hide is the way people drive. You'd think they were tearing off of "pit row" when they come off the entrance ramps.

Thank goodness my wife is the one driving. I get such anxiety and panic attacks in this traffic

No comments: