Sunday, July 02, 2006

The eyes have it

I saw the craziest thing today. My wife and I were sitting on the couch discussing topics for her nursing exam on Monday and she turns to me and says, "Ray, look...Coco's asleep." Coco is one of our two Chihuahuas (otherwise known as the fur-kids). I told her that she couldn't be asleep because her eyes were wide open.

She insisted she was asleep because her body was twitching like she does when she's asleep. I got down and put my face in front of hers and she didn't move. I knew at this point she had to be asleep because Coco hates to have someone look her in the eyes and will turn her head away if you put your face into hers.

That's when I saw the cool yet wierdness. Her eyes were twitching like crazy. First they rapidly moved left and right. Then they'd roll back or roll to the side. The whole time her eyes were going crazy her body was twitching like she was wanting to run somewhere.

I guess what I was seeing was REM not the band, but Rapid Eye Movement. I just never knew anyone besides Beetle Bailey had figured out how to sleep with their eyes open

1 comment:

kuri said...

My wife and kids do that too.