Thursday, July 20, 2006

Oh What a Night

Well, I didn't get much sleep last night. I just couldn't seem to get my mind to relax. Then once I did manage to close my eyes for a bit I kept getting haunted by the same dream.

I was apparently in college. What college I do not know. I was still living in my childhood bedroom in Durham, NC. A room I haven't stepped foot in since 1986. A room that technically no longer exists since that house burned down a couple years after we sold it. Apparently, the owner cleaned out the fireplace and some of the ashes were still hot and they stored those said hot ashes in the garage and it caught the house on fire.

But I digress.

The weird thing is that Wally is in my dream in the role that he holds in real life....my best friend. The haunting nature of this dream is that we have final exams starting the next day and apparently, I have neither studied for them nor even taken the effort to attend classes all semester. Well, you see, in real life Wally hates college just as much as I do. But in my dream, he was not only prepared, but on top of everything. I kept calling him to try and find out what classes had exams the next day but he wouldn't tell me.

Needless to say, my alarm went off this morning right when I was getting to college and walking into the exam hall (which I must say looked awefully similiar to the one I went to at my high school I attended in Singapore). I was walking in and not knowing what test I was taking.

I wonder what I feel unprepared for. I'm obviously under great duress about something, I just don't know what

1 comment:

mist1 said...

I keep a dream interpretation book under my pillow. That way I can look up what it means when I dream about my teeth falling out. It's not good.