This is an animal hospital?
As I mentioned in my previous post, our beloved Belle will be having surgery on Monday. The surgeon operates out of a hospital in the Houston. For those familar with Houston, the hospital is tucked away in the Galleria area.
When you walk into this animal hospital, you'd swear that you were in a medium sized human hospital. But you realize rather quickly that this isn't the case. Everywhere you look there are dogs, a few cats, and maybe an exotic animal or two.
There are departments just like you'd expect to see in a hospital. There is Oncology, Dermitology, Gastrointronology, Orthopedics, etc. Of course, this hospital also had the requisite waiting areas with all the outdated magazines. The walls were covered with professional portraits of hospital staff with their pets.
They even have canine gurneys. It was kinda funny watching the staff transporting the dogs on these gurneys. They had high sides on them like a child's crib but no front or back. The dogs, wouldn't lay down and would try to stand as the gurney moves forward. It's almost like what I imagine a dog would look like if it was trying to surf.
They even have a fully staffed ICU for their surgical cases and seriously ill. From what we've been told, they even prefer to hire RN's instead of vet techs because their own studies have shown that the recovery rates are higher with RN's.
I have to say I'm impressed and never believed there was such places in this world. I felt much more comfortable with the idea that our dog will be in their care.




1 comment:
I hope everything goes well for Belle. I agree,they are like our children and deserve to be treated as such. Keep us posted.
Post a Comment