Monday, August 28, 2006

An update on Belle

Some people who read my blog have told me that they want to be kept informed about how Belle is doing.

We got up early this morning to take Belle to the surgeon.  The paperwork we got told us to be at the hospital between 7:15 AM and 8:00AM.  So we took off from the house at 6:40AM.  Belle was all confused because her routine was screwed up and she didn't get any breakfast.  Coco was confused because she was baby-gated into the kitchen but Belle wasn't with her.

Well we hit the highway and just as I feared we ran into traffic.  Not just any ole traffice but the kind where you are only moving at 10-20MPH.  In an hour we had only travelled what the previous day had only took us 20 minutes.  I was stressing.  But we eventually got there with 5 minutes to spare

We filled out the necessary paperwork and sat down and waited for someone to come get her.  We weren't there waiting for long.  Nancy gave her hugs and kisses and handed Belle over to me.  We had to say our necessary goodbyes in case things went badly and this was the last time we saw her alive.

I am usually the cold hearted bastard of the bunch when it comes to feelings so I was taken aback by the fact that I actually felt a little something as I walked away from Belle after she was handed off to the medical personel.

We didn't hear anything from the hospital until sometime around noon.  The call was from someone in the recovery room.  Everything went well.  They had just extubated her and she was real quiet.

Now we await a call from the surgeon to find out how successful the surgery was and anything else she needs to tell us.  Plus, Belle needs to survive the recovery process.

All I know, if that it feels like something is missing here

No comments: