Wednesday, August 16, 2006

This is a job for.....

Nancy!

For awhile now, Nancy has been craving seafood. So, we decided to drive down the road to go get some Red Lobster (for the seafood lover in you). Lunch was awesome! I love me some shrimp scampi...yum!

Well, after we paid our check we were slowly rolling ourselves toward the exit when we noticed a man sprawled across the floor in front of the hostess' podium. Nancy immediately sprung into action!

I must say, I've seen Nancy be helpful before. She loves to help people cross the street, get in and out cars. But this time, she was helping someone who was in medical distress. Three people from the restaurant helped the gentleman get back into the wheelchair that someone from his party brought and then Nancy started doing all the stuff you'd expect a nurse to do when you were in the hospital.

She was there taking his pulse while asking him questions. She did a quick assessment to determine if he got a concussion and trying to determine if he was in immediate danger.

The manager alerted Nancy to the fact that they called 911 and if they should turn them back. Nancy was quick to point out that if it was her decision she would make sure the EMT's arrive.

Meanwhile, I'm just slowly trying to get out the way. I got myself to the bench the farthest away from the action and hid. I hate being the center of attention, so in a way (a way that I feel guilty about) I was hoping nobody associated me with her.

The funny thing was that the hostess came up to me and asked me if I needed to be seated. I told her that I was with my wife and pointed toward Nancy. The hostess told me how lucky I was. Something I am constantly reminded about every day.

Well, the EMT's quickly got there and Nancy and I just slid out the front door and left the man in the capable care of paid professionals.

Well blog-people, that was the excitement for the day. Hopefully everyone had a memorable yet good day.

No comments: