Sunday, August 20, 2006

Another Fine Adventure

Here it is, another Sunday and it's amazing how much the wife and I got done in the past week.

I'd have to admit the most excitement was when Nancy ran to the aid of a fellow human being, but the rest of the week was not boring either.

The purpose of our trip was to get Nancy's urinalysis done for her new job and to get a TB test. While there she found out she can also knock off the drug dosage exam which she did.

The other purpose of the trip was to hopefully find a place to live up there. Well, Nancy found a place she likes. It's about 1000 sq ft smaller than our current digs in Houston but we were planning on getting something smaller. It will allow us to pare down our possessions. To get back to the basics, the bare essentials. Plus, we should be able to save some money. The monthly rent is $500/month cheaper than my mortgage and property tax bill. Unfortunately, we cannot seem to unload the house in Houston.

Nancy was also successful in conquering her quest for the perfect dress for our meal at Victoria & Albert's at Walt Disney World. Since we are eating there twice, she conquered twice. I must admit, that I found the dresses to be stunning. Now that Nancy has found her shoulders it really has opened up a whole new world for her in regards to fashion choices.

I'm going to have to go get a new suit now. The suits I own are huge on me now. When I tighten up my pants with a belt they look like I'm wearing a potato sack. With Nancy having these great dresses, I need to look nice standing next to her

I managed to work from the hotel room the whole time and managed to pretty much kill myself. I must say, I've never been much for respecting ergonomics, but the chair and desk in the hotel were not comfortable. By the time we left Oklahoma City, my neck was killing me from hunching over the desk and working on my laptop.

This was the second week back to school for my neice and nephew and they managed to bring home to the family that little bug that kids like to bring home from school and got my brother and his wife very sick.

To give you an example how sick my brother got, he actually went home from work early so he could rest. My brother never takes a sick day. He follows a philosophy that you save the sick days for when you are feeling great. If you feel like crap you go to work.

Because of the sickness, Nancy and I didn't get to see my brother and his family much. We were afraid we wouldn't get to see them at all, but we got fortunate in the fact that my brother was feeling better by Friday. His family and I went to our favorite restaurant in the area....Red Robin! I love me some Mushroom Burger with American Cheese....yum!

Fun was had by all and then Nancy and I got to take the 7 hour drive home. We took a quick pitstop along the way to visit some of Nancy's family which turned out to be a real treat. Nancy got to show off her new dresses and her sister got to show off her new house. I don't know what I was expecting expecially since every house they've had before was of a different style and age. But I had to admit it was really beautiful. Since she lives along the path to OKC, I'm sure we'll be stopping off again in the future.

Well, that's all I liked to say about that

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay so its not just that I went home from work early sick. It was a four alarm calamity. I was sick. I felt like the putrid sweat dripping from a dead camels balls. I went home. Sick plus 100 plus degrees is a bad combination. I went home collapsed into bed. The phone rang many many many times, but resulted in just being a dull nagging distant sound that my conscience filled away under less important than rest. People called work found out I wasn't there and panicked. My father in law left like 4 messages on the answering machine. This guy never worries. He has the patience of a Shaloin monk. Later on after i joined the land of the living, a mere 5 hours later I cleaned the house, and called Bob back to assure him that i was A) Alive. B) Miserable C) Pissed off D)Miserable E)Pissed Off. and F) Fucking Alive...just...barely. I fended off the wifes inquities about any kind of emergency room vist, or some specialist med-vac'd in from Medical Specialist Land. Informed Kara in plain terms, that Ray and Nancy are big kids now and are really coming into their own right now and could fend for themselves for one night. Watched Ultra-Violet was injected with the flush wonderful clean burning eco-friendly buzz of action porn and went to bed.